THE LIEBSTER AWARD
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet
and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the
award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest,
kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute,
endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size.
I would like to thank Kathy at KNJ Tales & Snippets for the nomination @ https://knj.home.blog/2019/10/03/the-liebster-award/. It was really kind and sweet of her to nominate me for this award. I woke up yesterday morning and checked my phone. I saw the nomination from Kathy and it made me smile instantly.
KNJ Tales & Snippets is full of great short stories and journal entries, witty remarks, and good humor. She talks about parenting, a topic I love. I knew her blog would appeal to me because we both have two children and when I read the following from her About page, I knew we had a lot in common. She wrote, “Public servant by day. Wannabe writer by night. Lover of all things trashy; romance novels, TV shows, magazines, celebrities. Must have mochas daily.” Sounds like a good person to friend! Go check out KNJ Tales & Snippets @ https://knj.home.blog/ and have a laugh!
Kathy’s impossibly hard questions for me:
1. It’s your first day at a new job, you’re in the lunchroom about to get your delicious leftover casserole, labelled with your name. Only problem is your new supervisor is sitting there eating it. What do you do?
That’s my favorite lasagna! I’m afraid I’ll have no other choice but to pull the fire alarm. I’ll hide in the bathroom until the coast is clear and the others have evacuated. Then I sprint to the lunchroom, gobble down the leftover lasagna, then casually saunter out to the evacuation line with a smile hoping I don’t have a smidge of lasagna stuck to my teeth.
2. Your phone is ringing. It’s a very important phone call that you must answer as callback is not an option. You’re stuck on a public toilet, surrounded by people in other cubicles. What would you do?
If I was truly desperate, if I really had to take this one but I couldn’t finish just yet, I’d answer with hello and my name and then proceed to ask the caller to please hold while I sang them the Jeopardy theme song until I could very quietly finish up and take the call.
3. You’ve got two bags of rubbish and your bin is full. Your neighbour is prickly and doesn’t like other people putting their rubbish into her bin. You sneak out in the middle of the night to dump your rubbish anyway. As you lift the lid, your neighbour shines her torch on you. What’s your excuse?
I’d tell her there was a family of rabbid ravenous raccoons in my rubbish bin and I had no other choice but to use hers for fear of being attacked.
4. You’re on a deserted island. A crate washes ashore. Inside you find the one thing that would make your life more bearable. What’s inside?
Mike and Ikes. I would find a small box of Mike and Ikes in a giant crate. It would be heaven.
5. You’re on a reality TV show and to win you have to eat three of the following: bull’s testicle, monkey’s brain, fish eyes, bull’s penis, maggot cheese or soft-boiled fetal duck. What’s the lucky three?
Hmmm, this is a tough one. I’m really steering clear of the fish eye part. Things that pop and gush liquids in your mouth give me frowny face. I’ll go with the bull’s testicle first because my husband likes to eat rocky mountain oysters and we got a nut hut nearby so I’ve tried that before. It tastes like a greasy chicken nugget. Ok, so next I’ll go with the soft-boiled fetal duck because duck is delicious, although I’m not so sure about the soft-boiled fetal part. Lastly, I pick the monkey brains because they remind me of Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom dinner scene and I always wanted to be an archaeologist.
Now for the nominees:
1. Dante @ Putting God First MInistry. Dante blogs about how trusting Jesus has changed his life, and has helped him to overcome substance abuse addiction. It’s an inspiration to read. https://2manyfaces.home.blog/
2. Adam @ Astra Poetica. Adam writes poetry as part of a challenge. He teaches you about haikus and tankas and other forms of poetry….which I love. Also, Adam comes from my old alma mater town of Lawrence, Kansas. Great site for poetry readers. https://adamoftheuniverse.poetry.blog/
3. Linda G @ Bicycling the Beauty Around Us. Linda provides some great photos and descriptions of bike rides along the Allegheny River Trail, the Kinzua Valley Trail, and many more trails. Well worth the read! https://bicyclingtrails.wordpress.com/
4. Anna @ Anna’s Book Nook. Anna has a beautiful design to her page and some great posts about books that she has read. I really liked the post about things she enjoys in Autumn. https://annasbooknook.home.blog/
5. Chris @ Personal Development Journey. Chris provides some insightful personal development articles about life, career, fears, and personality tests. Thank you for your thoughtful articles. https://personaldevelopmentjourney.home.blog/
I recommend you check out the above bloggers and show them your support!
Post these rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog which nominated you.
2. Answer the questions your nominator asked.
3. Nominate two to six other bloggers who might appreciate the boost.
4. Ask them several unique questions.
5. Let them know you have nominated them.
And answer these questions:
- You went to sleep and woke up transported to another time and place. Apparently you are in a medieval castle in the 13th century and you are the peasant that cleans out the horses’ stables. On an average day, what do you do for fun?
- You go fishing by your self one morning at the local lake. Your line snags on something and you reel it in. It appears to be an old genie lamp. You rub the lamp and a gorgeous genie pops out to grant you three wishes. What do you wish for?
- You go to the family reunion and are told to bring a dish. You happen to be a horrendous cook. You want to impress the other family members though, particularly your cousin who gets loads of compliments on her cooking. What do you do and what dish should you bring?
- You open up a bed and breakfast. Where is your bed and breakfast located and what will you provide the guests for breakfast?
- You move out to the country to start a new simpler life with your family. The house needs a whole lotta work to repair. The house bathroom toilet is not working properly. There’s an outhouse out back but last time you ventured near there you encountered a black snake. You’ve got to use the restroom right away. What do you do?
While I would love to hear your responses, there is absolutely no
pressure to participate. I am just happy to have you as part of my
online community and this nomination is my way to recognise and help
support your blog.
Thank you to everyone who likes, shares, comments and follows my blog.