Here is a quick rundown of major events that happened in 2021:
* January 6th mob in Washington DC.
* Biden inauguration on January 20th.
* Vaccines approved for use in January/February.
* 1.9 trillion dollar economic plan started in March 2021.
* US rejoined the Paris Climate Accord and WHO.
* US military withdrawal from Afghanistan.
* Juneteenth became a federal holiday.
* 20th anniversary of 9-11.
* Summer Olympics held in Tokyo.
* Meghan and Harry left royal life.
* Broadway theaters in NYC opened back up.
* The Buccaneers beat the Chiefs in Super Bowl. 7th Super Bowl ring for Tom Brady.
* There were mass shootings in Atlanta and Boulder.
* A condominium collapsed in Florida.
* There was a massive winter storm and power failures in Texas.
* Scorching heat and wildfires continued in the Pacific West.
* Hurricane Ida hit the coast.
* Derek Chauvin was found guilty in the murder of George Floyd.
* Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted.
* 3 men charged in murder of Ahmaud Arbery.
* R Kelly was convicted.
* Bill Cosby was released from prison.
* Britney Spears gained her freedom back.
* NASA Rover Perseverance landed on Mars.
* Space X sent civilians to space.
* Blue Origin sent William Shatner to space.
* Facebook rebranded as Meta.
* We faced supply chain shortages and critical staffing needs.
* We experienced the Delta and Omicron variants.
* 7.4 billion people worldwide were vaccinated.
* 5.4 million people worldwide have passed from Covid since the beginning of the pandemic.
* We also lost these notables: Prince Philip, Hank Aaron, Colin Powell, Beverly Cleary, Anne Rice, Donald Rumsfield, Bob Dole, Larry King, Rush Limbaugh, Christopher Plummer, Stephen Sondheim.